Thursday, December 28, 2006

Do You Accept the Challenge?

Guess what? There are no rules, EXCEPT to have fun! I don’t want this to be hard or painful or boring or a chore! I want it to be fun, exciting, and something you look forward to and can’t stop talking about. I also want it to stretch your creative abilities and help you to look outside the box and see all the possibilities scrapbooking holds! Let those creative juices flow! I made weekly challenges with a bonus challenge on the beginning of them month (I couldn’t cram all my ideas into 52 single challenges!) As I said before, there are no rules (except to have fun that is), but I will tell you what is acceptable. You can do your challenges ahead of time OR you can go back and do the one you missed when you were really busy. You can also do the challenge more then once! If for some reason you really enjoyed it (which I hope you did/do!) you can do it again and see new results (who says we can have too many thankful pages? Or maybe your dream will change? Or you want to add a new wish! Or you want to find new ways to add flowers to your page)! Ask questions by replying to the post (aka comments). You are allowed to scraplift and look in scrapbooking websites (www.twopeasinabucket.com is a favorite) and check out scrapbook books and magazines for inspiration and ideas! I also thought it would be neat if you had a calendar so that you can keep track of how many pages you make. Wouldn’t be neat at the end of this year to see when your most productive (or un-productive) months are? Good to take note for next year. You can also keep track of points (next thought!) on there for easy reference. Mom had mentioned this idea to me, BUT keep in mind that it is totally optional. Mom has done a challenge before when they had points for each item they used and you kept track of points. Now if you get discouraged easy or compare to much I don’t recommend you do this (bragging is also not allowed). The idea is to motivate you and only you! Decide how many points you want to achieve a week or month or year. I am going to make it a “no buy challenge” for myself (meaning I won’t buy any scrapbook items till I reach my goal of whatever number I choose that is applicable to me), you do what you what you want. The points will be as followed and it counts for each item, unless it is a tool (so if you use 10 stickers, that is 10 points, if you use a punch 10 times, or even once, that is 5 points ). Photos = 2 points each. Stickers = 1 point each. Rub-ons = 1 point each. Cardstock = 1 point each. Pattern Paper/Vellum/Homemade/Special Paper = 2 points each. Die Cuts = 2 points each. Punches = 5 points. Brads/Eyelets = 1 point each. Special Scissors = 5 points. Stamps = 5 points. Inks/Chalk/Sander = 4 points. Fiber/Ribbon = 1 point each kind. You are welcome (and encouraged) to leave comments. I would love to hear if you take up the challenge or found it interesting, of if you have questions, etc... Also, I would to love to see the pages you creat from these challenge ideas! Why not post in the comments with a link to your scrapbook page? NOTE: These challenges aren't totally orginal (opps, you got me!) I was inspired by SO MANY wonderful and inspiring scrapbookers/artists out there. I tried to leave a source if I took it from somewhere. Look there if you need farther inspiration or ideas. Book mark them too!
Sources: Speshal = http://everyoneisspeshal.blogspot.com/
Effer Dare = http://fortheloveofeffers.blogspot.com/
Freestyle = http://www.autumnleaves.com/freestyle/
Me Blog = http://www.autumnleaves.com/meBlog/
the rest are books! CS = Clean and Simple Scrapbooking by Cathy Zielske, CK =Creating Keepsakes Magazine, SS = Simple Scrapbooks Magazine, S. Solutions put out by CK.

No comments: